Skip to main content

Breathtaking Banff


Early in 2019, I prayed to God to take me to to see the Canadian Rockies. I told myself, I will save up for this trip and in a few years time, I will be able to visit. 

In April 2019, I got a call from my Uncle Albert in the US. He mentioned that since my parents and I are going to visit them in October, he plans to take us to Canada as a side trip. "I want to show you the Canadian Rockies!" Those words were like music to my ears. Since my parents already had their tickets booked, I immediately booked mine online. I am bound for Banff sooner than I expected.

I was giddy with delight as I walked through the snowy pathway leading to the lake. I could see snow capped mountain peaks which grew bigger and taller as I got closer. I made a turn.  And there I was. Frozen.  Awestruck. Speechless. None prepared me for the majestic scenery of Lake Louise. Calm crystal clear, turquoise water. Perfectly reflecting the Canadian Rockies behind it. 

Tears began to well up in my eyes blurring God's painting in front of me. I said a quick prayer of thanksgiving. Thanking God for bringing me here so soon with the people I love most, my parents. I thanked God for my Uncle Albert and Auntie Emy's love and generosity. This was their 40th birthday present for me. 

God truly doesn't just provide for our daily needs. He delights in granting us even our innermost desires according to His will. Whatever dead dreams you may have, surrender them to God. Allow Him to show you how he longs to graciously give you all good things. May it be restoration of relationships, financial provision or healing.


Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. - James 1:17

With my parents

Photo by Uncle Albert

Photo taken by my dad

Photo by moi!




Photo by me

Photo by me

Add caption

With Uncle Albert and Auntie Emy

Add caption

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with Disappointments in the Desert

A desert is a place of death. One we might call,  godforsaken wasteland.  As a consequence of living in this fallen world, we go through deserts and sometimes even find ourselves stuck in this dreadful place. The deserts in our lives come in the form of inconvenience, disappointments, difficulties, pain and sufferings. What is the cause of all these? Sin, our wrong choices in life and the consequences of sin committed by others.   Why does God lead us into the desert?  Being in the desert is a humbling experience. You see, when we encounter difficult times, we are reminded of who we are and who God is. We experience His love and grace. We become more dependent on Him. It also puts us in a position wherein others notice our dire situation but not in any way to disgrace or shame us but rather see how God works in us. Our stories give hope to the hopeless. And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love him, who  have been called  according to his pur

Confessions of a single woman' s heart (CLOY Edition)

While almost everyone else was binge watching K-drama over the lockdown, I was too busy working long hours, from 6am to 12 midnight. I didn't realize that I have allowed people to overstep the boundaries of my time. I would get frantic calls from anxious patients, caregivers and whoever needs me at an ungodly hour. I would do my best to help them calm down while I was crying inside my heart.  I was emotionally, mentally and physically burned out after 8 long months. I began to resent the internet (online meetings and webinars were too much!) yet oh so grateful for it because it kept me connected to the people I love and it enabled me to work while many have unfortunately lost their jobs. It was on my birthday weekend in November 2020 that I finally had precious time to spare after months of striking a balance between taking care of my patients, remotely working for my family's businesses, ministry, coping as much as I could (because I terribly missed my family) and keeping my s

Reflections of a thirty six year old rehabilitated shopaholic

All these years I came to realize that life is too beautiful to waste on trivial pursuit of people and things that deprive one from experiencing inner peace and joy. A beautiful life is not perfect but we can make the most out of it by choosing to look at a glass of water half full instead of half empty.  Want to live life to the fullest?  Choose to honor God in everything that you do. It will be easier to decide on things. Learn to receive love and reciprocate. Don't be afraid to let go of relationships and friendships that do not make you a better person. Pray for the people who weigh you down. Allow God to work in you individually and separately then trust Him for restoration at the right time.  Take care of your health. Your bank account is connected to it. For when you get sick, you will need money and unable to make more money. Be grateful for all blessings that come your way whether big or small instead of whining over things you don't ha